Women & man
Local treatment of vervicovaginal inflammations or infections and tissue damage (e.g.
vaginal and cervical discharge caused by bacteria, trichomonads and fungal infections,
pressure sores in diaphragm users), condyloma acuminatum, etc.
Albothyl vaginal suppositories must not be administered in cases of hypersensitivity to one of its
* Pregnancy and lactation:
Albothyl vaginal suppositories may be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding only where it is
strictly indicated, after due consideration of the risks to the mother and child. There have
not been any studies of the risks associated with use during pregnancy in humans, but
animal studies have not yield any evidence of fetal malformation. It is not known whether
the active substance passes into milk.
* Special warnings and precautions for use:
– Care must be taken not to swallow the suppositories. If Albothyl vaginal suppositories have been
swallowed inadvertently, you should immediately drink plenty of water and consult your doctor.
– Albothyl vaginal suppositories cause a sharp stimulation of the healing processes. There is no
cause for concern if necrotic tissue from the diseased area is sloughed off even in large
– During the treatment period the use of soaps which cause irritation as well as sexual
intercourse must be avoided.
– Like all vaginal therapeutics, Albothyl vaginal suppositories should not be used during menstruation.