Product specification :
Nexium is one of the most effective drugs for treating heartburn and improving stomach acid.
Nexium 20 leaflet :
- Each tablet contains:
- The medicine contains the active ingredient esomeprazole.
- Esomeprazole: It is a drug that belongs to a class of drugs called proton pump inhibitors that reduce stomach acid production by stopping the action of the proton pump in the stomach cells and when the proton pump is stopped, the amount of acid secreted by the stomach decreases, thus reducing the acidity, burning, and pain.
Indications of the Nexium 20 :
- It is used to treat esophageal ulcers and the associated inflammations.
- It is used to treat stomach ulcers that result from the overuse of painkillers.
- It is used with antibiotics to treat a bacterial infection caused by the bacterium Helicobacter pylori that cause stomach ulcers.
- It is used in duodenal ulcers.
- It is used in inflammations of the esophagus.
- It is used to treat patients with excessive acidity in the stomach.
- It is used for both children and adults in the treatment of GERD.
- In cases where the esophageal sphincter is weakened, the food does not cause gastric acid to return to the esophagus, and the patient suffers from severe ulcers and pain in the esophagus.
- The dose of Nexium is determined according to the case according to the doctor’s directions, and the usual dose of the drug is between 20 and 40 mg, and the drug is taken once a day.
- If you forget to take the medicine at the scheduled time, take it as soon as you remember, and do not add a dose at the next scheduled time.
- And if you took an overdose of the drug, consult a doctor or pharmacist to give you the correct directions to deal with the situation.
- And you can take the drug at any time of the day, fixing a specific time for the drug, and you take it once a day at the same time.
- You can take the medicine before eating, while eating, or after eating as you wish.
- Do not break up the tablet and do not chew it, because the tablet is coated with a substance that resists intestinal acid. If you break the tablet or chew it before swallowing, it will cause the medicine to lose its effectiveness in the stomach.
- You must adhere to the directions of the doctor or pharmacist to take the medicine and do not increase the dose by yourself with the aim of a quick recovery, because this will not lead to a quick recovery, but it will increase the side effects of the medicine.
Side effects :
- Rash and redness of the skin.
- Swelling of the tongue and lips.
- Dizziness and nausea.
- Abdominal pain.
- Difficulty falling asleep.
- a headache.
- Allergy to any component of the drug.
- People with osteoporosis.
- In the case of people who are taking nelfinavir (an AIDS medicine).
- Use with caution in people with severe liver or kidney disease.
It is necessary to pay attention to the contraindications of the use of this medicine so that you do not harm yourself if you suffer from the following :
- Allergy to the active or inactive ingredients in this product.
- If you are sick with kidney problems or have blood in your urine.
- If you are sick with lupus.
- If you have heart problems.
- If you have low blood magnesium levels.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
The medicine is kept and stored at a suitable temperature or normal room temperature.
It should be completely out of the reach of children.
Size of Nexium 20 :
Tablets of the 20 mg package contain 28 tablets.
The manufacturer of the drug :
Produced by AstraZeneca